Terms and conditions of Film and Photo production services
ScreenLondon Services Ltd & ScreenLondon Services 2010 Ltd – Standard Television, Film, Video and Photography Production Services,
Terms and Conditions of Business
Terms and Conditions of Business
ScreenLondon Services Limited & ScreenLondon Services 2010 Ltd trading as – AScreenParisProduction, AScreenLondonProduction, AScreenEuropaProduction, ScreenParis, ScreenLondon, ScreenEuropa
Please note these terms differ to the Video Crewing services provided under the trading style of “ACrew4U” – whose terms and conditions that can be consulted under the appropriate heading on the website.
Please refer to the below for information on our terms and conditions of business. Applicable to audiovisual production services rendered by ScreenLondon Services and ScreenLondon Services 2010 Ltd. By working with us you agree to the following conditions of business.
For the purposes of these terms and conditions, ‘ScreenLondon Services Ltd’ refers to both ScreenLondon Services Ltd and ScreenLondon Services 2010 Ltd.
• Crew, equipment, and their corresponding prices are subject to availability prior to confirmation.
• Crews are hired for a 10-hour shift (presence onsite and including a 1-hour lunch break) unless otherwise specified)
• Incomplete lunch break is subject to overtime rate charge.
• Overtime @ 1.5 X hourly rate (daily rate divided by ten) unless otherwise specified.
• Travel-only days are billable for each crew member at normal rate
• Overtime and travel day buyouts can often be negotiated before confirmation at advantageous rates.
• Client may supply own tapes/discs or request ScreenLondon Services Ltd to do so with confirmation of estimated budget.
• Non-renewable materials (bulbs, disposable batteries, gels, diffusion, …) may incur additional costs.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd is not responsible for care of raw or master tapes/discs once sent or handed over to client.
• Clients wanting to insure raw or master tapes/discs and production related materials sent via urgent courier must provide instructions accordingly before completion of shoot.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd can arrange for safety dubs and/or conversions for an additional fee.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd will hold safety dubs for 30 days following shoot.
• Safety dub tapes will not be kept after 30 days unless ScreenLondon Services Ltd receives written instructions to the contrary.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd respects the sensitive or exclusive nature of some clients’ projects and maintains clearly-defined private information as confidential.
• As demonstrated throughout its website, ScreenLondon Services Ltd reserves the right to make non-commercial use of text, photos, and video content from the productions it services or produces. Clients are responsible for communicating any limitations on such use in writing directly to ScreenLondon Services Ltd with their confirmation.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd makes use of public information with absolute discretion and respect for broadcast and/or distribution calendars.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd can provide crew ID and contact information to client upon confirmation of order.
• Client shall “cc” all written communication with crew to email@example.com in order to ensure quality control.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd supplies all services specified in a client-confirmed budget estimate.
• Additional services should be arranged for in writing between the client and ScreenLondon Services Ltd.
Where a Problem occurs
Footage Quality Problems
If Client Present on shoot
Footage viewing is the sole responsibility of the Client. ScreenLondon Services shall not be held responsible if the footage is not viewed/checked by the Client during the production days immediately after each shooting day if the client is present on the shoot.
If client not present on shoot.
If the client is not present on the shoot, the client must notify ScreenLondon Services within 2 working days following the reception of rushes either in a physical form via Hard Disk Drive or Tape or if delivered in an online fashion such as an FTP transfer of any issues that render the footage or part of the footage to be of an insufficient quality.
Investigation of Problems
ScreenLondon Services takes customer complaints very seriously indeed and will endeavour to investigate any issues where footage quality and crew conduct fall below an unacceptable standard.
Any breakage to technical and/or broadcasting equipment during production may not give rise to claims for damage compensation or full or partial refunds providing ScreenLondon Services undertake to attempt to replace them in a timely manner with similar or identical working units. If it proves impossible to replace or repair them.
• Client to supply insurance (public and employer’s liability, insurance for client’s team, insurance for clients materials) unless otherwise agreed in writing
Health and Safety
• Our crew and teams are entitled to a safe working environment. It is the client’s responsibility where applicable to;
Conduct a Risk Assesment
Ensure that crew are not placed into positions where safety can be compromised by observing a reasonable working day, and ensuring that crew get sufficient rest before conducting work or driving, our crew will not work at height
• It is the client’s responsibility to plan accordingly, our crew will not contravene highway safety regulations and compromise safety to meet an unrealistic deadline owing to poor planning or unforseen circumstances
• Our crew will endeavour to be hospitable and polite, and dress according to the circumstances
• The client is asked to brief their team to treat our crew with a degree of hospitability and politeness in return.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd budgets are inclusive of booking and management services
• A contingency fee is itemized out and added onto estimated budgets of select productions as a precaution for ScreenLondon Services Ltd clients.
• Miscellaneous, out-of-pocket expenses (road tolls, taxis, meals, etc…) paid by client on location are not subject to ScreenLondon Services Ltd costs or handling fee.
Right to Use Subcontractors
ScreenLondon Services Ltd reserve the right to subcontract all or part of the Services to subcontractors located in the United Kingdom or other countries.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd requires signed confirmation of a budget estimate for booking of production services.
• At the sole discretion of ScreenLondon Services Ltd, and for client convenience, ScreenLondon Services Ltd can accept an email response from a client as sufficient confirmation.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd Terms & Conditions, herein detailed, are applicable to either form of confirmation.
• Partial advance payments are required on some productions and determined at the sole discretion of ScreenLondon Services Ltd. The payment schedule is specified on the budget estimate.
• Full payment will be made within 15 days of the invoice date upon completion of each shoot.
• Alternative arrangements for payment in full can be made at the sole discretion of ScreenLondon Services Ltd and always prior to confirmation.
• With their confirmation, clients choose their preferred payment mode and assume costs to process payment.
• Clients opting for payment by wire transfer assume responsibility for bank fees and intermediaries by selecting “OUR” in the payment instructions.
• Clients opting for credit card payment will be charged an additional percentage on the total bill to cover processing fees.
• ScreenLondon Services Ltd does not accept payment by cheque unless specifically agreed in advance.
• All budget estimates and invoices are issued and paid in euros (EUR) currency, or Pounds Sterling (GBP) if agreed in advance in writing.
• Estimates and invoices state Value Added Tax due at the prevailing rate in the United Kingdom
• Client must provide billing address and VAT or equivalent Tax ID # upon confirmation to facilitate ScreenLondon Services Ltd invoicing.
• Final invoices are issued shortly after the completion of a shoot or production.
Cancellation and date change
All booked and confirmed Assignment time is subject to cancellation charges at the following rates:
48 to 72 hours notice – 25% of time confirmed
24 to 48 hours notice – 50% of time confirmed
Less than 24 hours notice – 100% of time confirmed
At any time, the Client is responsible for the necessary expenses incurred by ScreenLondon Services in order to supply contracted services.
Change of production service terms and conditions
ScreenLondon Services Ltd publishes these terms and conditions in good faith and for the convenience of clients. ScreenLondon Services Ltd will honour the terms and conditions published at the time of a budget estimate confirmation. Nonetheless, ScreenLondon Services Ltd cannot be held liable for changes made to these terms and conditions at any other time.
Entire agreement / amendment
• The above-listed Production Service Terms & Conditions represent the entire and integrated Agreement between the parties hereto with respect to the subject matter hereof and supersedes all prior negotiations, representations, or agreements, either oral or written, between parties.
• This Agreement may be amended or modified only by a written instrument signed by both parties..
The law of England and Wales applies to this contract and our subsequent dealings.
ScreenLondon Services Ltd & ScreenLondon Services 2010 Ltd